Reasons You Should Install Granite Countertops in Your Home
When you think about your home, what are the first things that come to mind? Probably the rooms, furniture, and appliances. But if you’re like most people, you probably don’t give much thought to your kitchen countertops. That could soon change, though, because granite countertops are a must-have in today’s homes.
Granite is a timeless material that will never go out of style. Granite is easy to keep clean – use a damp cloth to wipe it down. It is lightweight and easy to move around – perfect for households with small children or pets that might be clumsy. In addition, the granite price per square foot is pretty affordable compared to many other countertop materials. They require less care than other types of countertop materials, and they’re also renewable resources.
Here are reasons why you should install granite counters in your home:
- Battle Germs and Disease
- Durable and Inexpensive
- Easy to Clean and Look Great
- Boost Your Home’s Value
- Great Investment
- Fashion Statement
1. Battle Germs and Disease
Granite counters are among the most popular and durable home renovation materials. They’re also one of the most resistant to germs and bacteria, which can help reduce your risk of contracting foot and mouth disease (FMD). Here are four reasons you should consider installing granite countertops in your home:
- Granite is antimicrobial. Granite is a type of rock that naturally resists bacteria and fungi growth. This means it can help protect your kitchen counters from harmful germs and bacteria, reducing the risk of contracting FMD.
- Granite is scratch-resistant. Unlike other kitchen countertop materials, granite doesn’t easily scratch or show wear and tear. This makes it a durable option for kitchens in high-traffic areas, such as those used for cooking or serving food.
- Granite counters are easy to clean. Unlike other countertop materials, such as wood or laminate, granite doesn’t require special cleaning techniques to keep it looking brand new – use a standard household cleaner regularly!
- Granite counters look great! Compared to other kitchen countertop materials, granite has a more premium appearance that can add value to your home project – especially if you choose a high-quality granite material like marble or quartz.
2. Durable and Inexpensive
If you’re considering installing granite countertops in your home, there are a few reasons you should consider doing so. First, granite is a very durable material, which means it will withstand wear and tear over time. Additionally, granite counters are relatively inexpensive compared to other countertop materials, so you won’t have to spend a lot of money to get the look and feel you want. If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of granite counters, be sure to read our full blog article!
3. Easy to Clean and Look Great
Granite counters are very easy to keep clean and look great. They can be cleaned using a standard household cleaner and a soft cloth. Avoid abrasive cleaners or tools, as this may damage the surface. Try using a baking soda solution if you find a spot challenging to clean. Mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with warm water and scrub the area until it is clean. Be sure not to use too much pressure, as this could damage the granite.
4. Fashion Statement
- Granite counters are a beautiful, timeless addition to any home. They can add elegance and sophistication to any room and are also perfect for modern kitchens with stainless steel appliances.
- Granite counters are relatively affordable and easy to maintain – you need to keep them clean with a mild cleaner every few months.
- Granite counters come in various colors and styles, so you can find one that perfectly matches your home’s aesthetics.
- You can also choose granite countertops for their durability – they’ll last for many years without requiring extra care or maintenance.
5. Boost Your Home’s Value
Regarding home improvement, granite counters are probably one of the most popular choices. They come in all shapes and sizes to fit into any kitchen or bathroom. And, because they’re so versatile, granite counters can add value to your home. Here are four reasons why you should consider installing granite counters in your home:
- Granite counters Are Versatile: Granite counters can be used in various ways in a kitchen or bathroom. They can be used as an island countertop, as part of a composite backsplash, or as the main focal point of a room. This flexibility makes them perfect for any style of home.
- Granite counters Are Durable: Granite is incredibly durable, unlike other types of countertops. This means it will last longer and stand up to wear and tear better than other materials. Over time, granite will become more beautiful and unique-looking, which will only enhance its value.
- Granite counters Add Value To Your Home: One of the most significant benefits of installing granite counters is that they add value to your home. Depending on the size and shape of your granite counter, it may be worth thousands of dollars! This added value can help attract buyers looking for high-end features in a new home.
6. Great Investment
When you consider why granite counters are a significant investment, you will be surprised at how much this material can add to your home’s curb appeal and overall value.
- Granite is Durable: Unlike many countertop materials that quickly become scratched or dented, granite is incredibly durable and can last for many years without any problems. Not to mention, if your countertop gets damaged, there is a high chance that a granite replacement will look and feel the same as the original.
- Granite Looks Great: Although granite may initially seem expensive, once installed in your home, it will quickly pay off in terms of its appearance. Not only is granite extremely scratch-resistant and easy to keep clean, but its matte finish makes it look modern and stylish compared to other countertop materials.
- Granite counters Are eco-friendly: Whereas many other types of countertops require a lot of energy to be used in their production (e.g., tile), granite requires water to be sprayed on top of it to form the desired surface. As a result, installing granite countertops can help reduce your home’s energy consumption over time.
If you’re considering installing granite counters in your home, there are a few reasons you should consider doing so. Not only do they look beautiful, but they also come with many benefits that can make your life much easier. From improved hygiene to a smoother cooking experience, there are plenty of reasons to go ahead and install granite countertops in your home. So what are you waiting for? Let us help you decide which type of granite is best for your home based on your preferred granite price per sq ft, and get started on the installation process today!
3 thoughts on “Reasons You Should Install Granite Countertops in Your Home”